Now rendered boldly in bronze, like a Steampunk time machine from the pages of Jules Verne, the Vortex’s tumbling, ticking escapement and miniature tank track are at once a collision of the future and horology’s past.
Limited Edition of 8 pieces
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
A new limited edition of the second installment in Hautlence’s mind-blowing “Concept d’Exception” experimentation, the VORTEX is now housed in a sparse geometry of that most noble metal, bronze. Noble, because bronze is still in use over six millennia since its discovery, mainly by the maritime industry, who value this alloy of copper with tin for its anti-corrosiveness. As you wear the wristwatch, your skin and the environment oxidises the case’s surface to an enigmatic green patina, protecting the metal beneath and developing in a manner totally unique to you and your lifestyle.
But this is so much more than simply a wristwatch; it is a literal showcase of Hautlence’s extraordinary watchmaking talent, its regulating organ tumbling 360º every 6 hours within a light-drenched case, its bronze framework glazed with six sapphire-crystal facets, plus a 12-link chain of the half-trailing hours, which smoothly turns in 3 to 4 seconds every 60 minutes to display the hour.
The idea behind the watch was to improve the ergonomics of Hautlence’s first Conception d’Exception by rotating things 90º to lie across the wrist, while remaining true to the design codes of post-modern architecture and deconstructivism.
- Material: Bronze
- 6 three-dimensional sapphire crystals, scratch-resistant, produced by multi-axis grinding
- Dimensions: 52 x 50 x 17.8 mm
- In-house HLR2.2 X/8
- Mobile bridge-type calibre comprising the regulating organ and rotating through 60° at each change of hour
- Dimensions: 37.8 x 33.2 x 12.35 mm
- Number of components: 482
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- Regulating organ: 18,000 vibrations/hour
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, retrograde minutes and power-reserve indicator
- Upper sapphire dial face: White Super-LumiNova® minutes and white hour-marker stickers
- Water resistance: 30 metres/3 ATM
- Black hand-sewn rolled-edge, rubberised padded Louisiana alligator leather strap, large square scales
- Brown Zora calfskin strap
- Black rubber strap
- Spring bars for strap changes and screwdriver
- Folding clasp: titanium with satin-finish plate
In The Know
“Bronze has found its way into almost every price segment; however it’s mainly used for sports watches. Hautlence thinks otherwise, and actually, we wouldn’t expect anything else from them! The brand that makes a point of ‘crossing the line’ now comes with their most complex timepiece in a bronze case, and it looks just brilliant!” Monochrome
“The Vortex has an unmistakable case shape that is neither a cushion, rectangle, or square. [Bronze] is a very hard metal and can gain a unique patina over time as it oxidizes. In watches, this patina, arguably, is the desired effect.” Professional Watches
“This dark yellowish metal gives a very respectable touch to the watch and transforms it into a smartly audacious creation which extravaganza has been changed into aesthetical refinement.” Watches.tv
Info & Delivery
Three year warranty from date of delivery
Three extra years offered by joining the Owner's Club
Pieces should be returned to Hautlence, Rue Numa-Droz 150, CH-2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Please contact Hautlence for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Hautlence shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about six weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Hautlence
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Box and Leather Travel Box