18K red gold
An out-of-this-world time machine, tumbling the ticking escapement in space, while the hours seamlessly crawl down the side, like a miniature tank track. An astounding glimpse into the future of haute horlogerie.
Limited Edition of 8 pieces
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
A new, red-gold limited edition of the second of Hautlence’s mind-blowing “Concept d’Exception” horological experiments, the VORTEX 2.0 is much more than simply a wristwatch; it is a literal showcase of the brand’s extraordinary talents, its regulating organ tumbling 360º every 6 hours within a light-drenched geometric structure, glazed by six sapphire-crystal facets.
The in-house mechanical automatic movement, calibre HLR2.0, is protected by three Hautlence patents, just like the first Concept d’Exception, the HL2.0. The first patent pertains to the 12-link chain of the half-trailing hours, which smoothly turns in 3 to 4 seconds every 60 minutes to display the hour. The second patent relates to the regulating organ integrated into the mobile bridge, its radial movement translated from the 2D powertrain of the movement by a huge bevel.
The idea behind the watch is to improve the ergonomics of Hautlence’s first Conception d’Exception by rotating things 90º to lie across the wrist, while remaining true to the brand’s design codes with its multi-level display, play on transparency, and nonconformist case geometry inspired by post-modern architecture and deconstructivism.
- Material: 18K red gold
- 6 three-dimensional sapphire crystals, scratch-resistant, produced by multi-axis grinding
- Dimensions: 52 x 50 x 17.8 mm
- In-house HLR2.2 X/8
- Mobile bridge-type calibre comprising the regulating organ and rotating through 60° at each change of hour
- Dimensions: 37.8 x 33.2 x 12.35 mm
- Number of components: 482
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- Regulating organ: 18,000 vibrations/hour
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, retrograde minutes and power-reserve indicator
- Upper sapphire dial face: Minutes in white Super-LumiNova®
- Applied plates for the hours and minutes zones with red gold galvanic coating; openings onto the hours and the power reserve
- Water resistance: 30 metres/3 ATM
- Black hand-sewn rolled-edge, rubberised padded Louisiana alligator leather strap, large square scales
- Black rubber strap
- Interchangeability spring bar and screwdriver
- Folding clasp: titanium with satin-finish plate
In The Know
“The result is a very different-looking watch with quite a different-looking, but as interesting as ever, movement. This isn’t watchmaking, it’s performance theater!” Quill & Pad
“Though the dimensions are impressive – 52mm x 50mm x 17.8mm – the Vortex feels more comfortable and easier to wear. Bold, unique, complicated, technical, unusual and sometimes not made to everyone’s taste; in other words: independent watchmaking at its best and without any compromises.” Monochrome
“With a case like that, you need something pretty special going on inside. Luckily, the Vortex doesn’t disappoint. Designed in conjunction with Parisian studio BBDC (Berra Blanquer Design Consultants), this is both extremely captivating playfulness and an aid to precision timekeeping.” QP
Info & Delivery
Three year warranty from date of delivery
Three extra years offered by joining the Owner's Club
Pieces should be returned to Hautlence, Rue Numa-Droz 150, CH-2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Please contact Hautlence for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Hautlence shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about six weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Hautlence
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Box and Leather Travel Box