VIRAGE GUNMETAL GMT
18K white gold
With its inner time-zone ring and overlapping sub-dials reminiscent of a car dashboard, Lonville has brought its automotive thinking to bear on a GMT with seriously stylish results.
Made-to-order piece - 8 to 12 week production
Limited Edition of 18 pieces, named and numbered
The owner-s name is engraved under the sapphire case back
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
There’s always as question mark over whether you really need a GMT (surely you can just do the quick adding or subtracting of hours in your head?) but when it looks as cool as this version from Lonville then the answer is a resounding “yes”.
As with all of Lonville’s watches, the automotive inspiration is evident but with this collection owner Joost Vreeswijk wanted provide a link to the past, so designed a watch that looked as if Lonville had continued to make timepieces from the 1950s onwards.
This has led to a watch that combines elements of a car dashboard with details from dress watches from the 1950s and 1960s; a conflation of styles that shouldn’t work but does. The gunmetal grey sun brushed dial has space on it so the sub dial aren’t cluttered and are easy to read. Thanks to all being crown operated, it is also very simple to set.
However, it is worth turning the watch over for the fabulously uninterrupted view of the LV1 unique movement, all made in La Chaux-de-Fonds. The absence of a rotor means you get to appreciate the beautiful finish, something Lonville prides itself on.
Second-time zones are usually aimed at the gentlemen traveller, but when a GMT looks this good, you’ll want to wear it at home as well.
In trying to make a watch that provided a link to Lonville’s past, Joost Vreeswijk has created a surprisingly contemporary GMT that blends dress elegance with sporty insouciance.
- Material: 18K white gold with brushed case side and polished case back
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Concave sapphire glass front and flat rear sapphire
- COSC-certified, Lonville manual-wind LV1 calibre
- Twin barrelled
- 80 hour power reserve
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o'clock, GMT second time zone indicator on 24 hour scale, power reserve indicator at 9 o'clock
- Multilayer, soleil & sunburst effect gunmetal grey dial
- Individual applied markers and applied Lonville logo
- Dauphine hands designed by and for Lonville
- Decoration: Lonville's signature blue screws and blue engraving, chamfered bridges and a Côtes de Genève finishing
- Dial signed with ‘all swiss’ as opposed to Swiss Made
- The 60 on the second dial is red after old Lonville pocket watches
- Black alligator strap and 18K white gold extra thin folding clasp
- Limited Edition of 18 pieces
- Each watch is made to order, the watch number and owner’s name is engraved behind the sapphire glass
In The Know
“A collection imagined as if Lonville would have continued to make watches from the mid 50’s onward”. Adam Sofineti, Watchpaper.com
“The movement is definitely part of the reason why I like this watch so much. The six bridges look awesome and I love the contrast with the blued screws.” Robert-Jan Broer Fratello Watches
“I like how the models seem to build on each other, and aren’t just coming out of left field.” Ariel Adams, James Edition
Info & Delivery
Twelve months warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Lonville, Via Muzzano 13/B, 6924 Sorengo, Switzerland. Please contact Lonville for the process to return the piece:
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Lonville shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 12 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Creating your watch
Each Lonville is made to order with a unique watch number and the owner-s name engraved under the sapphire case back. Each watch will also undergo strict testing and water proofing prior to shipment. The typical time from order to assemble and shipment is around 12 weeks.
- Shipping to Europe: 400€ applied at checkout
- Shipping to US: 700€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 3 to 5 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 3 to 8 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Leather Travel Pouch