VIRAGE FUEL TANK
18K white gold
Taking inspiration from automotive displays, this watch’s power reserve is displayed as a fuel tank indicator, adding a touch of levity to an otherwise seriously stylish dress watch.
Made-to-order piece - 8 to 12 week production
Limited Edition of 18 pieces, named and numbered
The owner-s name is engraved under the sapphire case back.
Standard piece comes with a brown alligator strap. Possibility to opt for a black one.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Think of the many car-inspired watches and what you’ve usually got is a design that’s the perfect weekender – sporty and a bit chunky perhaps – but not a timepiece that translates to the suit-and-tie attire of the working week. They just won’t fit under a cuff for starters.
Lonville has done something different here. As with all of its watches, the automotive inspiration is evident but with this design owner Joost Vreeswijk has created a car-inspired dress watch.
There is the power reserve that resembles a fuel tank, while the minutes and small-seconds tracks are reminiscent of speedometers, which Vreeswijk has combined with details from dress watches from the 1950s and 1960s; a conflation of styles that shouldn’t work but does. The gorgeous bronze brushed dial gives lightness to the dial and makes everything easy to read.
However, it is worth turning the watch over for the fabulously uninterrupted view of the LV1 movement, all made in La Chaux-de-Fonds. The absence of a rotor means you get to appreciate the beautiful finish, something Lonville prides itself on.
By mixing the dress watch designs of the 1950s and 1960s with a slice of automotive ingenuity, Lonville has managed something very few brands have achieved – it has created a car-inspired watch you don’t have to take off on Sunday when your vintage pride and joy gets returned to the garage.
When the worlds of watches and cars usually meet, it results in something sporty, but this Lonville Virage Fuel Tank proves that you can mix the two in a much more sophisticated form.
- Material: 18K white gold with brushed case side and polished case back
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Concave sapphire glass front and flat rear sapphire
- COSC-certified, Lonville manual-wind LV1 calibre
- Twin barrelled
- 80 hour power reserve
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o'clock, power reserve indicator at 9 o'clock
- Multilayer, soleil & sunburst effect bronze dial
- Individual applied markers and applied Lonville logo
- Dauphine hands designed by and for Lonville
- Blue screws and blue engraving, chamfered bridges and a Côtes de Genève finishing
- Dial signed with ‘all swiss’ as opposed to Swiss Made
- The 60 on the second dial is red after old Lonville pocket watches
- Black or brown alligator strap and 18K white gold extra thin folding clasp
- Limited Edition of 18 pieces
- Each watch is made to order, the watch number and owner’s name is engraved behind the sapphire glass
In The Know
“A collection imagined as if Lonville would have continued to make watches from the mid 50’s onward.” Watchpaper.com
“The movement is definitely part of the reason why I like this watch so much. The six bridges look awesome and I love the contrast with the blued screws.” Fratello Watches
“I like how the models seem to build on each other, and aren’t just coming out of left field.” Ariel Adams, James Edition
Info & Delivery
Twelve months warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Lonville, Via Muzzano 13/B, 6924 Sorengo, Switzerland. Please contact Lonville for the process to return the piece:
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Lonville shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 12 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Creating your watch
Each Lonville is made to order with a unique watch number and the owner-s name engraved under the sapphire case back. Each watch will also undergo strict testing and water proofing prior to shipment. The typical time from order to assemble and shipment is around 12 weeks.
- Shipping to Europe: 400€ applied at checkout
- Shipping to US: 700€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 3 to 5 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 3 to 8 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Leather Travel Pouch