TOURBILLON OISEAUX DE PARADIS
18K rose gold
Two regal bejeweled birds of paradise adorn this remarkable unique piece by Antoine Tavan. Created and intricately hand finished by Roger Zarzoso, this veritable objet d’art features a 60-second tourbillon movement that has been openworked by hand.
Only 1 piece - immediately available
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
As one of the only brands creating openworked watches entirely by hand, with saw-frame cut-outs finished with metal files, it should come as no surprise that Antoine Tavan 1805 takes the art of craftsmanship very seriously indeed. Roger Zarzoso’s intricately sculpted bird of paradise set with 123 diamonds, sapphires and emeralds acts not just as the creative centrepiece of the watch, but functions as the main bridge, holding the gearwheel and mechanism in place.
Having used no software in its creation, the Tourbillon Oiseaux De Paradis is a lesson in hand finishing done the old-fashioned way. Viewed from the back, the engraved and skeletonised tourbillon can be appreciated fully. The manually wound movement has been lovingly adapted from an historic base calibre by Roger, and the commitment to finishing is remarkable - such that even the gears and wheels are engraved.
The pebble-shaped pink gold case is elegant and unassuming, drawing the eye to the blued hands, openworked mainspring barrel, rhodium finished dial and the two regal and exquisitely bejeweled birds of paradise.
Protracting the creative process out over an extended period, Roger reflects on an idea for a new product over the course of weeks before sketching, refining and maturing his designs, until a workable solution – the perfect way to realize the watch, becomes clear.
The Antoine Tavan tourbillon began with the idea for a sculpted and bejeweled animal to adorn the bridge. Looking for complexity and originality in design, the bird of paradise motif was developed over the course of a year. Roger’s desire to produce an innovative, skeletonized piece with as much paving as possible, means the watch can be enjoyed as both an original timepiece and an extraordinary objet d’art.
- Material: 18k pink gold
- Dimensions: 46 mm diameter
- Tourbillon escapement
- Cage with 60 second rotation
- Frequency: 28,000 vph
- Power reserve: 100 hours
- 17 Jewels
- Dimensions: 33 mm diameter
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour and minute
- Dial in 18k gold with rhodium finish
- Hands in blued steel
- Hand-sculpted ‘bird of paradise’ bridge fitted with 123 diamonds VVS totaling 2.3 carats
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Decoration: The movement’s case and visible components have been hand-finished in the Antoine Tavan workshop
- Presented in Antoine Tavan watch box in burled walnut with pink gold handles
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (50 meters)
- Hand-sewn alligator strap
- Hand-made Ardillon buckle with ‘wounded wing’ design in 18K gold
In The Know
“What makes this timepiece so incredible is the exquisite open worked, engraved and gem set dial…with its sublime bird of paradise.” Total Design Reviews
“Zarzoso’s work reflects an excellent eye for detail…craftsmanship at this level requires a considerable investment of time.” Revolution
Info & Delivery
Five year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Antoine Tavan, rue des Jeanneret 59, CH-2400 Le Locle, Switzerland. Please contact Antoine Tavan for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Antoine Tavan shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: less than a week (one month for tourbillon) from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Antoine Tavan
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
For made-to-order pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non refundable
For immediately available pieces: return or exchange within 14 days
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Burr Walnut Box