SPECIAL EDITION 1.1
The elegant and pure Edition 1 design is given a connoiseurs twist thanks to a swan neck fine regulation. A must for a watchmaking aficionados.
Standard piece comes with Edition 1.1 dial. Possibility to opt for the dial of the 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5.
Standard piece comes with Arabic dial numbers. Possibility to opt for Roman dial numbers.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Having forged a relationship based on a love of fine watches, Kay Jaeger and Jochen Benzinger decided to launch their own brand when the watches on offer just didn’t quite deliver on what they were looking for.
This Special Edition 1 is truly exceptional. In contrast to the normal version, this edition is equipped with a whiplash precision index adjuster as well as a screw balance. Little details that make a huge difference for the watchmaking connoiseur.
At first glance, this watch from the Edition series 1 (the number 1 denoting that this is time-only, Edition 2 watches are chronographs) looks like a classic watch given a bit of edge thanks to the innovative sub dial treatment. However, when you start to examine the piece you get a sense of the number of skills that have gone into its creation.
Unsurprisingly, given Benzinger’s background, this watch is all about the hand finishing techniques but for the special Edition, it is also about an enhanced movement featuring whiplash precision index adjuster ("swan neck") and screw balance. The "swan neck" was first envisioned as a tool to allow for micro regulation of the rate of the watch but it gradually became a nice feature to have in more exceptional time pieces, especially for the German brands.
What beats at the heart of this watch is an ETA Unitas 6498, a manual-wind pocketwatch movement that has been around since the 1950s. But Benzinger has delicately engraved the balance cock by hand and finished with rose-gold plating, there is perlage on the main plate and the three-quarter plate has guilloche.
So much skill that remains the owner’s little secret. Until you inevitably take it off to show all your friends just how impressive the piece of kit on your wrist really is.
In this elegant dress watch from Jaeger & Benzinger, Breguet numerals and simple dial design hark back to 19th century pocket watches, while the hand guilloche is a nod to traditional German crafts that made Benzinger’s name.
- Material: High-grade stainless steel
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Sapphire crystal case back and front
- Hand-finished manual-wind ETA Unitas 6498 with swan neck fine regulation, precision index adjuster and screw balance
- 38 hour power reserve
- Frequency: 18,000 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes and small seconds at 6 o’clock
- White finish sterling silver dial, hand-guilloche rose gold-plated sub-dial
- Blued steel hands
- Arabic numerals
- Water-resistance: 30 meters / 3 ATM
- Decoration: Three-quarter plate with sunray guilloche, hand-engraved and rose gold-plated balance cock, blued screws; base plate with perlage
- Hand-sewn ostrich leather strap with rubber insert
In The Know
“With automatic movements finely finished by Jochen Benzinger, this is a wonderful new collection.” Boris Pjanic, Watches and Art
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Jaeger & Benzinger, Dietlinger Str. 17, 75179 Pforzheim, Germany. Please contact Jaeger & Benzinger for the process to return the piece :
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Jaeger & Benzinger shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 2 to 3 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Jaeger & Benzinger
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 5 to 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 10 to 14 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
For watches which are personalised or custom built to order: no return, no exchange
For immediately available watches: return & exchange within 2 weeks from date of delivery. Pieces must be returned and received by Jaeger & Benzinger in their original condition, not used or altered in any way, included their original packaging and warranty
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss