SON OF GEARS, DARK SHAMS 3
Black PVD coated steel
Looking at the Son of Gears family in a new light, Yvan Arpa’s Shams collection (meaning ‘the sun’ in Arabic), is an exercise in brilliant and artistically executed movement skeletonisation, housed in a classic case with lateral inserts.
Limited Edition of 99 pieces
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Skeletonisation is a difficult art to master when it comes to watchmaking. Whether modern or classic, the architecture of the movement when pared down to its essentials must be aesthetically pleasing whilst remaining clear and legible. Successfully venturing into this field, ArtyA’s Dark Shams 3 features a cut away hand-wound movement with an intricate and fully openworked sunbeam-inspired dial.
The 44 mm case is smaller than many other ArtyA models and includes integrated crown guards and lateral insert sections on the side of the case. The movement’s components have been customised to maximise the degree of skeletonisation visible through the sapphire crystal, whilst maintaining a 52-hour power reserve. Classically tapered dauphine-style hands ensure legibility, whilst a specially designed ArtyA pin buckle completes the contemporary look. The Dark Shams 3 is available in a limited edition of 99 pieces.
‘Shams’ comes from the Arabic word for the sun, which explains the striking dial construction and detailing. The idea by carefully hollowing out the Swiss-made caliber is to let the light pierce the inside of the watch and reveal the beauty of the mechanical parts.
- Material: Black PVD coated stainless steel
- Dimensions: 44 mm diameter
- ArtyA customised ‘Rising Sun’ skeletonised mechanical hand-wound movement in steel
- Power reserve: 52 hours
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour and minute
- Golden finish polished steel hands
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Engraved and screwed open case back
- Water Resistant to 5 ATM (50 meters)
- Limited to 99 pieces
- Hand-stitched leather strap
- Pin buckle, with integrated ArtyA logo
In The Know
“Shams comes from the Arabic word for the sun, which explains why the contemporary skeletonised dial looks like it has 50,000 volts ripping through it.” Xupes
“It’s easy to see where the name comes from when examining the original cut-out of this hand-wound movement…the shape will appeal across generations.” Swiss Time
“Unlike traditional skeleton models, the visual effect is extremely contemporary due to the skeletonising work itself and the surface treatments that have been selected.” Watch Agora
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Artya, 146 route de Thonon, CH-1222 Vésenaz, Switzerland. Please contact Artya for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Artya shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Artya
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, possibility of exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss