SON OF A GUN, RUSSIAN ROULETTE PYTHON
“Guns don’t always kill people, time does,” says ArtyA CEO Yvan Arpa. A bold and imaginative conversation piece, a two-tone case houses the skeletonised movement and barrel-dial with its lucky .357 caliber bullet that spins around your wrist at every move.
Limited Edition of 99 pieces
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
The Python is a limited-edition member of the Son of Gun Russian Roulette collection. The ‘cartridge’ mounted dial is made to look like a revolver cylinder with six bullet chambers. This spins with the motion of the wrist and contains a real .357 Magnum round end which is hand-applied and acts as a weight. Behind the ‘cartridge’ mounted dial, there is a main plate with a matching design so the holes can align, and the mainspring barrel, visible from the back is also cut with six holes.
Whilst still substantial, the 44 mm polished case is smaller than many other ArtyA models and includes integrated crown guards and lateral insert sections on the side of the case made from Yvan’s proprietary gold alloy, ArtyOr. The movement has been fully customised and openworked and looks fantastic through the six openings between the rotor and plate and via the open case back. Classic sword-shaped hands ensure legibility and a specially designed ArtyA pin buckle keeps with Yvan’s rock’n’roll spirit.
The visual effect of the spinning ‘cartridge’ dial is attention-grabbing, and since Russian Roulette involves spinning a cylinder with one round in a chamber, it makes sense for there to be a bullet included.
Whilst the game of Russian Roulette is morbid and rather scary, Yvan is a pacifist and plays with the concept of life and death in a light-hearted way. Being a skilled martial artist, he has an active interest in the balance between self-control, violence and mortality; a fascination which is highlighted in this characterful piece.
- Material: High grade steel 316 IL
- Dimensions: 44 mm diameter
- ArtyOr lateral inserts
- Mechanical hand-wound ARR skeletonised ArtyA caliber on a Unitas base movement
- Power reserve: 52 hours
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour and minute
- Black PVD coated fast spinning mounted dial with hand-set real bullet
- Main plate in golden finish steel
- Sword-shaped hour and minute golden finish steel hands
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Engraved and screwed open case back
- Water Resistant to 5 ATM (50 meters)
- Limited to 99 pieces
- Hand-stitched leather strap
- Pin buckle, with integrated ArtyA logo
In The Know
“A watch with a dressy demeanor and the thrill of deadly games.” Ariel Adams, aBlogtoWatch
“ArtyA Son of a Gun Russian Roulette – the coolest watch from the west.” Deployant
“The Russian Roulette blends watchmaking with myth: the controversial timepiece brings together life, death, and the legendary Russian challenge that can take you from one to the other in a split second.” Watchuseek
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Artya, 146 route de Thonon, CH-1222 Vésenaz, Switzerland. Please contact Artya for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Artya shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Artya
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, possibility of exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss