Hoping to boldly go where no watchmaker has gone before, Schwarz-Etienne has used the alleged flying saucer crash at Roswell in 1947 in New Mexico as the inspiration for this stylish piece of sci-fi inspired design.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
If you didn’t know what had inspired the Roswell, though the name is a bit of a clue, chances are you’d hazard a guess at something intergalactic. Even if you hadn’t clocked the subtly elliptical shape of the case – a nod to the flying saucer – there’s Star Trek-style font used for the 12, and the contrast of blue-on-silver, which all feels very Enterprise. Being able to see the mechanics dialside – spot the aerodynamic spin of the rotor at nine o’clock – is a reminder that this watch contains Schwarz-Etienne’s Irreversible in-house movement. Having the balance at 2, also puts you in mind of that other classic sci-fi moment when the skin of the first Terminator peels away to reveal the machine inside.
These other-worldly influences are balanced beautiful by the very austere and classic construction of the case and the tasteful muted grey leather strap, though it does have a vibrant blue lining, so things aren’t all completely subdued.
Schwarz-Etienne has said that it created the watch to show that other forms are possible, we think perhaps, it also shows that you don’t always have to abide by the rules when it comes to creating watches that can be worn everyday but that still get you noticed.
The unearthly and cyborgian mixes with the terrestrial in a watch that showcases Schwarz-Etienne’s mechanical skill as well as their amazing design and sense of humour.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Screw-down crown
- Diameter: 45 mm
- Sapphire crystal front and case back
- In-house automatic “Irreversible” ISE 101.01 with decentered micro rotor
- 4 day power reserve
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes small seconds at 11 o’clock and micro-rotor at 9 o’clock
- Silver finish dial
- Water-resistance: 50 meters / 5 ATM
- Balance wheel and hairspring manufactured by Schwarz-Etienne’s sister company E20 Innovation
- Grey graphite alligator with blue calfskin lining strap, stainless steel folding buckle
In The Know
“The brand new Roswell from Swiss watchmaker Schwarz-Etienne is a sophisticated watch, with an innovative design that cannot be confined within established forms.” Master Horologer
“Roswell Collection of Watches from iconic Swiss watchmakers Schwarz Etienne is one of the coolest, most unusual and fantastically well-crafted watches that we’ve encountered.” Leo Davie, The Coolector
“Whether you believe in the Roswell incident or not, there’s no denying that Schwarz Etienne’s take on the incident is super stylish and probably far cooler than any other.” Luxury Launches
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Schwarz-Etienne, Route de l'Orée du Bois 5, 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Please contact Schwarz-Etienne for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Schwarz-Etienne shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 7 to 8 weeks from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client and the receipt of the watch in the manufacture, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: Complementary by Schwarz-Etienne
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 8 to 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Steel flying saucer box