ROMA MANUFACTURE POWER RESERVE
Stainless steel, white dial
Although at first glance this is a traditional men’s dress watch, Schwarz-Etienne have played with proportions and created something that feels new and exciting.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
As styles go, a man’s dress watch is one of the most constrictive in terms of the interplay between form and function. Anything too rugged and it won’t work with a suit, dials have to be unfussy and these days you don’t want something delicate because that doesn’t fit with modern tastes.
Essentially, the Roma from Schwarz-Etienne fits those criteria. On paper you have a steel-case and leather-strapped 42mm design with a seconds sub dial and power reserve, but in the flesh it is something entirely different.
The seconds dial has been enlarged, allowing it to dominant the lower half of the watch, while the sense of balance is achieved by insetting the power-reserve indicator at 2 o’clock. Then there’s contrast between the guilloche radiating from the centre of the dial and the stippled inner track that loops around the power reserve and gives depth and interest to the dial.
Turn it over and you’re able to admire the manual-wind MSE 100.00 calibre with its twin barrels and beautiful bridge architecture and, in a rare touch, the balance wheel with logoed adjustments screws.
The Roma is, without doubt, a watch to be worn with a suit but it isn’t a horological wallflower; it is a style designed to get you noticed.
Schwarz-Etienne has brought together its 100-year history and its newly found more modern persona together in a dress watch that manages to both adhere to the rules and subvert them.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Sapphire crystal front and case back
- Manual-wind in-house calibre MSE 100.00
- 4 day power reserve
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, power reserve indicator at 2 o’clock
- Water-resistance: 50 meters / 5 ATM
- Decoration: Hand-chamfered bridge and Côtes de Genève
- Balance wheel and hairspring manufactured by Schwarz-Etienne’s sister company E20 Innovation
- Black alligator with blue calfskin lining strap, stainless steel folding buckle
In The Know
“The first thing to catch your attention about the Schwarz-Etienne Roma Power Reserve however, is its pretty face.” Xavier Markl, Monochrome Watches
“Today, the name Schwarz Etienne stands for continuity and is a household name among lovers of mechanical timepieces.” European Business
“Powered by a movement made exclusively for Schwarz-Etienne, it is the epitome of elegant equilibrium.” Master Horologer
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Schwarz-Etienne, Route de l'Orée du Bois 5, 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Please contact Schwarz-Etienne for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Schwarz-Etienne shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 7 to 8 weeks from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client and the receipt of the watch in the manufacture, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: Complementary by Schwarz-Etienne
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 8 to 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss