Race is ArtyA’s original motorsport-inspired timepiece. The hub of the rim on the dial side goes right through the watch, including the sapphire crystal. In a remarkable world first, the time can only be seen when the wheel on the dial side is spun at full speed.
Limited Edition of 99 pieces
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
The ArtyA Race is the first watch to reveal its time only in response to its own movement. The 44.5 mm polished case with its integrated crown guards and lateral insert sections echoes the style of ArtyA’s mythical Russian Roulette, but includes a fast-spinning aluminium rim positioned above - and obscuring - the carbon fibre dial and hands. Activated by the natural movement of the wrist, this rim goes right through the watch (including the sapphire crystal), creating a remarkable optical effect of transparency when turning at full speed.
To the rear, the piece benefits from a new oscillating weight. This includes a carbon fibre tachometer, complete with a red needle in the middle and markers engraved directly onto the sapphire back. The assembly is free to rotate, in a mirror image of the animation on the dial side. The Race BBS is available in a limited edition of 99 pieces.
“I love the NASCAR spirit,” confides Yvan. “It still has something of the freewheeling feel of the fifties, including a true sense of comradeship with the spectators.” Drawing inspiration from the world of American stock car ‘NASCAR’ auto racing for the first time, the ArtyA Race is made to look like the rim of a wheel. “NASCAR is staying true to its roots, pushing back the boundaries whilst holding unwaveringly to its demanding standards,” he says. “The Race BBS is equally uncompromising.”
- Material: High grade steel 316 IL
- Dimensions: 44.5 mm diameter
- Exclusive customised self-winding mechanical movement
- Power reserve: 52 hours
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour, minute and seconds
- Fast spinning dial in aluminium resembles a racecar wheel rim
- Carbon fibre dial
- Hands visible only when dial-fitted rim is spinning
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Open back with moving tachometer on carbon fibre dial
- Engraved and screwed case back
- Water Resistant to 5 ATM (50 meters)
- Limited to 99 pieces
- Hand-stitched leather strap
- Pin buckle, with integrated ArtyA logo
In The Know
“Engines throb and tyres screech: ArtyA may never fall into line, but definitely enters the race with its first ever racing timepiece that pushes the boundaries as only a rebel can.” Swiss Time
“Once again, ArtyA is pushing the limits of haute horlogerie with its interesting design features.” Luxois
“The Race features a dial inspired by a sports car’s wheel, and is one of the more spectacular watches in ArtyA’s latest collection.” The Awesomer
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Artya, 146 route de Thonon, CH-1222 Vésenaz, Switzerland. Please contact Artya for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Artya shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Artya
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, possibility of exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss