QUAI DES BERGUES - RAINFOREST GREEN
XO stainless steel
Czapek has given its iconic Quai Des Bergues collection a facelift by turning the dial green and developing an entirely new form of guilloché.
Limited Edition of 10 pieces
Standard piece comes with week days in English. Possibility to opt for French.
Standard piece comes with matt black alligator strap. Possibility to opt for:
- High shiny black alligator
- Carbon black alligator
- Matt dark brown alligator
- High shiny dark brown alligator
- Shiny noisette fumée alligator
- Matt grey alligator
- Shiny light grey alligator
- Matt blue steel alligator
- Shiny "Emperor" blue alligator
Standard piece comes with a medium strap. Possibility to opt for:
- Large strap
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
As metier d’arts’ go guilloché is the most prevalent and so can get ignored somewhat while flashier forms of decoration such as marquetry and grand feu enamel get all the attention.
You certainly aren’t going to forget the mesmerising dial of the new Quai des Bergues from Czapek & Cie in a hurry. The lush, plant-succulent green would be enough but it's the unusual guilloché pattern that sets it apart.
These are not the only elements of the dial that are mind-blowing. The case crafted in a one of the most anti-corrosive steels ever made, namely XO steel. The sub dial at 4:30 is actually a week-long power reserve indicator so you know by day how close you are to needing to give it a wind.
It’s a dress watch that flouts the approved evening wear codes with individuality.
The dial pattern, known as “ricochet guilloché”, is a type of decoration inspired by the way water ripples out from the point where a skimmed stone has hit it.
It took a year to find the engine turning guilloché pattern that is exclusive to Czapek, which is inspired by a historical design François Czapek created in the 1850s.
To throw in a bold twist to it, a particular hue has been drawn from the succulent abundance of the rainforest, a colour rarely seen on engine-turned dials.
- Material: Exclusive « XO » anti-corrosion stainless steel “Revolution” case
- Curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Diameter: 38.5 mm
- Movement: In-house hand-wound calibre SXH1
- Power reserve: 168 hours on two barrel springs
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, small seconds and power reserve indicator with weekdays between 4 and 5
- Dial: Rainforest Green lacquered handmade bombé guilloché dial in a special gold, silver, palladium and platinum plate with Czapek exclusive “ricochet” design
- Water-resistance: 30 meters / 3 ATM
- Decoration: double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges, blue screws, bevelling, final anglage 'main'
- Rainforest green hand-crafted alligator strap with steel pin buckle
In The Know
“These are handcrafted to a degree of refinement which lends true uniqueness and authenticity to these works of art.” Monochrome Watches
“The “Guilloché Ricochet” is a new design exclusive to Czapek. It represents the ripples of a stone skipped on a lake [and] the resulting hand engine-turned surface is like no other in its depth, intricacy and quality appearance.” Swisstime
“Its outstanding feature is a hand-guillochéd dial, which is inspired by the capillary waves formed once droplets hit a water surface.” PuristSPro
Info & Delivery
Three year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Czapek, Rue Saint-Léger 2, CH-1205 Geneva, Switzerland. Please contact Czapek for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Czapek shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 2 months from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
- Shipping to Europe: 200€ applied at checkout
- Shipping outside of Europe: 300€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 3 to 5 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- Other: about 5 to 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
Countries not delivered: Japan and the USA
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union
Return & Exchange
Return & exchange within 2 weeks from date of delivery
Pieces must be returned and received by Czapek in their original condition, not used or altered in any way, included their original packaging and warranty
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Solid Oak Box
Terms & Conditions
Czapek warrants the products for a period of three (3) years as of date of delivery to the final Customer. The warranty applies solely to the Czapek timepiece mentioned in the invoice.
Customer shall never open a timepiece delivered by Czapek, even if he may have detected a defect. Should the piece be opened without Czapek’s authorization, the repair (or exchange) of the watch shall be invoiced to the Customer, even though the watch is still under warranty. If the storage conditions or the handling of the timepiece by the Customer should prove to be at fault, the After-Sales service costs will be invoiced to the Customer. If repairs are made within the warranty timeframe, Czapek shall pay all the necessary costs for the after-sale service (transport fees, insurances fees, repair fees, etc…). If the repair is no longer within the warranty timeframe, all the aforementioned costs shall be paid by the Customer. In such a case, Czapek shall provide an estimate for the repair and shall give a delivery date. Once the estimate is accepted, Czapek shall repair the watch and return it.
Customers shall not send back a watch without prior notice to Czapek by email and approval regarding the return shipping process and insurance. Czapek will, when applicable, take care of the shipping service and insurance for the returned watches.
Czapek is sole in charge of the After-Sale Service in its location in Switzerland.
To ensure the timepiece remains in excellent working order, Czapek recommends that the owner has a service carried out every 5 years.
All other elements shall be defined according to the dispositions of the Swiss Code of Obligations.
Execution of payment will be considered as acceptance of the T&C.