MALE WISHES ACADEMIA BIG DATE
Stainless steel with black dial
For 2017, Academia has decided to update its Big Date, giving it a more sporty feel, making it very much a younger man’s DeWitt.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Although DeWitt’s first watch on the scene was the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève-winning Academia Differential Tourbillon, complete with patented spherical differential winding system, the brand does offer pared-back styles within the Academia – and this is a particularly popular specimen, still typified by the brand’s signature crenellated bezel and 24 “imperial columns”, in a nod to Jérôme DeWitt’s very own Napoleonic connections.
The design has been streamlined and pared back, topped with a big date display at 12 o’clock, affording a more versatile, fresh and contemporary look. The inner ring with the hours written on it has gone, as has the two-tone colouration on the dial. In its place is something much cleaner, made by DeWitt’s own dial-makers – a capability that only three other Swiss watchmakers can boast, chiming with the brand’s credo of creating a 21st-century watch manufacture.
Crafted in the Manufacture by DeWitt’s own dial-makers, the dial’s rosette motif is the framework for an alternating pattern of decorations – like a garden blossoming in spring, fashioned by the hand of man.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Steel DeWitt design crown, polished and embossed “W” signature
- Sapphire crystal case back
- Dimensions: 43 x 10.21 mm
- Mechanical self-winding "DW1501" movement with Dewitt design rotor with “Côtes de Genève” pattern
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Frequency: 28,800 vph
- 48 jewels
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, big date aperture at 12 o’clock
- Black dial with sunray pattern, silvered Roman numeral appliques
- Open-work hours and minutes hands in the shape of double-edged swords
- Water-resistance: 30 metres / 3 ATM
- Black alligator strap
- Folding clasp, polished and engraved “W” signature
In The Know
“The Grande Date model enters 2017 with a revisited dial and a palette of new shades. The dials are increasingly being pared back to target a young, dynamic clientele with a passion for watches.” Master Horologer
“They radiate a lifestyle aura that is intended for a youthful and dynamic clientele.” WorldTempus
“Jerome DeWitt is a charming man who knows how to create suspense, and how to create watches.” WatchTime
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
One year warranty offered after any service
Pieces should be returned to DeWitt, Rue du Pré-de-la-Fontaine 2, CP 27, CH-1217 Meyrin 1, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Watches with issues covered within the warranty: DeWitt offers the shipping costs (contact SKOLORR for more information before returning the piece) and the service
- Watches with issues not covered within the warranty: shipping be paid by the client, service costs be paid by the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about two to four weeks from the date of the receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by DeWitt
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Leather-encased Travel Box