Black PVD coated stainless steel
The venerable “tortue” or tortoise case-shape lends an eccentric nobility to Claude Meylan’s skeletonised movement, perfectly framing the whirring mechanics.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
The intricate workings of your mechanical wristwatch, barely tweaked in hundreds of years of Swiss horology, will usually be admirable through a clear caseback alone. But at Claude Meylan, its watchmakers want to reconnect you with their creations’ 18th-century heritage even more viscerally. Thus, through the exacting art of skeletonisation, the wheels, levers and ticking springs are all “undressed” on the dial side, the sinuous metalwork that remains framed elegantly by the tortoise-shaped contours of this model’s steel case.
The movement itself is adapted from the solid-as-a-rock ETA 6497, its components suspended mid-air by waves of hair-thin steel, not a single numeral or subdial interfering with the spectacle. It’s the perfect conversation piece.
The tranquility and seasonal evolution of the Lac de Joux inspires Claude Meylan’s “LAC” creations, being the cradle of 18th-century watchmaking, and it isn’t difficult to imagine the skeletal branches of the trees lining the shore in winter as the impetus for this sparse beauty.
- Material: Black PVD-coated stainless steel
- Width: 40 mm
- Sapphire crystal front, mineral glass back
- Black CM-165 (Unitas/ETA 6497 base calibre) manually wound mechanical movement
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Frequency: 28,800 vph
- 17 jewels
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes
- Dial: Skeletonised movement bridges, black ruthenium-coated, yellow spacer ring and hands
- Black rubber strap with ardillon buckle
- Water resistance: 30 metres / 3 ATM
In The Know
"Claude Meylan is a master of the art of skeletonising, and is considered one of the foremost exponents in Switzerland’s Vallée de Joux. The Tortue collection is a perfect illustration of this technical feat." WorldTempus
"Each bridge is hollowed and entirely decorated, resulting in a subtly structured design ensuring sufficient transparency to enable unobstructed admiration of the colours that stand out more clearly as a result." Worltempus
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Claude Meylan, route de l’Hôtel de Ville 2, CH-1344 L’Abbaye, Switzerland. Please contact Claude Meylan for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Claude Meylan shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 6 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
- Shipping to Europe: 135€ applied at checkout
- Shipping to US: 250€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss