The intricate workings of your mechanical wristwatch, barely tweaked in hundreds of years of Swiss horology, will usually be admirable through a clear caseback alone. But at Claude Meylan, its watchmakers want to reconnect you with their creations’ 18th-century heritage even more viscerally. Thus, through the exacting art of skeletonisation, the wheels, levers and ticking springs are all “undressed” on the dial side, the sinuous metalwork that remains framed elegantly by the tortoise-shaped contours of this model’s steel case.
The movement itself is adapted from the solid-as-a-rock ETA 2801, its components suspended mid-air by waves of hair-thin steel, not a single numeral or subdial interfering with the spectacle. It’s the perfect conversation piece.
The tranquility and seasonal evolution of the Lac de Joux inspires Claude Meylan’s “LAC” creations, being the cradle of 18th-century watchmaking, and it isn’t difficult to imagine the skeletal branches of the trees lining the shore in winter as the impetus for this sparse beauty.
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Claude Meylan, route de l’Hôtel de Ville 2, CH-1344 L’Abbaye, Switzerland. Please contact Claude Meylan for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Claude Meylan shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 6 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
- Shipping to Europe: 135€ applied at checkout
- Shipping to US: 250€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss