LA CHAUX-DE-FONDS FLYING TOURBILLON
The elemental nature of life in La-Chaux-de-Fonds, as well as its place in horological history, provides the backdrop for this first flying tourbillon from Schwarz-Etienne.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
If you speak to Schwarz-Etienne, the idea behind this flying tourbillon was to represent the conflicts of Nature and Man’s desire to take back control from the elements all in one 44mm circular form.
Lofty ambitions indeed but it does explain the play of earth, illustrated by the use of anthracite (a compact variety of coal) for the dial, and air, which is portrayed by the flying tourbillon, that is present in the watch.
Aside from the philosophical debate, this is an impressive piece of kit. Placing both the micro-rotor and the flying tourbillon – one that is cantilevered and only supported on one side – dial side creates a dialogue between the seemingly free movement of the tourbillon and the limited swing of the rotor. While the barrel at five o’clock brings the stability and balance to the dial design.
Despite its substantial 44mm case, it sits closely to the wrist thanks to the cambered lugs. Unusually for a Schwarz-Etienne the caseback is closed with only an aperture for the tourbillon, but that just serves to show how proud they are of this gorgeous complication.
As always, the colour pops on the inside of the strap and on the stitching gives a modern edge to a traditional complication making it perfect for today’s fashion-conscious gentleman.
There really was no other way to pay homage to the cradle of watchmaking that is La-Chaux-de-Fonds than mastering one of the most technically demanding complications, the flying tourbillon. Schwarz-Etienne has managed to honour horological tradition by giving it a new contemporary face in the form of its La-Chaux-de-Fonds Flying Tourbillon.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Sapphire crystal front and over the aperture revealing the tourbillon at the back
- In-house automatic “Irreversible” TSE 121.00 with decentered micro rotor and tourbillon visible at 1 o’clock
- 3.5 day power reserve
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes and tourbillon at 1 o’clock
- Anthracite dial with laser-cut Superluminova Roman numerals
- Rhodium finish and Superluminova handles
- Water-resistance: 50 meters / 5 ATM
- Balance wheel and hairspring manufactured by Schwarz-Etienne’s sister company E20 Innovation
- Black alligator with apple green alligator lining strap, stainless steel folding buckle
In The Know
“The elegant case is rendered in steel or pink gold, and despite its rather large diameter (44 mm), it wears well thanks to its wrist-hugging cambered lugs.” Monochrome Watches
“The flying tourbillon, raised and highlighted at 1 o’clock, affords a privileged view of this complication by giving it a sense of depth.” GPHG
“This is a sublime watch from a brand that until recently I had heard little about.” Escapement magazine
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Schwarz-Etienne, Route de l'Orée du Bois 5, 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Please contact Schwarz-Etienne for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Schwarz-Etienne shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 7 to 8 weeks from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client and the receipt of the watch in the manufacture, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: Complementary by Schwarz-Etienne
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 8 to 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss