The modern watch world’s most intriguing brand-ambassador signing by far takes flight with this unprecedented chronograph, designed in collaboration with football’s one-time enigmatic philosopher, now reinvented aesthete, Eric Cantona.
Limited Edition of 250 pieces
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Since 2014’s surprise announcement that Hautlence had made friends with Eric Cantona, we’ve had the extraordinarily complicated Mondrian for the wrist, the Vortex Primary taking the Frenchman’s love of art into haute horlogerie and beyond. But this not-so-unlikely relationship all started with this limited edition of 250: a special take on Hautlence’s INVICTUS chronograph – from the Latin phrase meaning “unbeaten and unbeatable”. There’s a butterfly of the same name as it happens, which Cantona has wisely interpreted in terms of poetry, delicacy and metamorphosis (such are the fickle values of time itself) with dial adornments reflecting the insect’s beautiful livery.
Issued as a 250-piece limited edition, its rocksolid Soprod base movement and super-precise Dubois Dépraz chrono’ module nestled in a titanium case, the dial bears the colour and iridescent reflections of the large, magnificent blue butterfly for which it is named, while mother-of-pearl insets subtly illuminated with black decals emulate the markings on its wings. The case-back is numbered and engraved with the name “INVICTUS”, along with Eric Cantona’s signature and an engraving of his digital fingerprint - a kind of entrance pass to the Gentlemen Rebels Club of which he and every owner of a Hautlence timepiece are members.
For Eric Cantona, the butterfly is the very embodiment of the word ephemeral, symbolising freedom, a carefree existence and a zest for life. The butterfly also represents metamorphosis, demonstrating that it is possible to change and to make what already exists even more beautiful.
- Material: Beadblasted grade 2 titanium
- Dimensions: 42 x 49 x 14 mm
- Skeletonised Dubois Dépraz chronograph movement on Soprod A10 base movement
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Regulating organ: 28,000 vibrations/hour
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date, chronograph and mechanical automatic movement
- Dial base: opaline black gold, snailed apertures, rhodium-plated circular satin-finish counter flange and sunburst opaline black gold minutes flange, blue mother-of-pearl inserts with black print on the upper surface and blue Super-LumiNova® on the lower surface, polished rhodium-plated index and logo
- Intermediate dial: sapphire with powdered silver-toned print and white Super-LumiNova®
- Water resistance: 50 metres / 5 ATM
- Brown hand-sewn hornback crocodile leather with blue topstitching strap
- Black rubber strap
- Interchangeability spring bar
- Folding clasp: grade 2 titanium with polished steel plate
In The Know
“For such a hard-looking guy, Cantona seems to really have the heart of an artist.” Quill & Pad
“Really eye catching are the details of the wings of a papillon in a bright blue color, on the left and the right side of the dial.” Revolution
“This is a bold, ambitious name that is perfectly in harmony with the values embodied by Eric Cantona and the ‘HAUTLENCE man’.” Elite Traveler
Info & Delivery
Three year warranty from date of delivery
Three extra years offered by joining the Owner's Club
Pieces should be returned to Hautlence, Rue Numa-Droz 150, CH-2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Please contact Hautlence for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Hautlence shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about six weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Hautlence
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Box and Leather Travel Box