For French artist Ludovic Ballouard, only the present moment has a meaning. Playful, elegant and fantastically inventive, his second haute horlogerie timepiece uses a system of rotating disks to disguise the hours, with just the current time visible at 12 o’clock.
Bespoke piece - 12 week production
Make your choice or ask for advice on personalisation options by clicking on the "Enquire Now" button
- Grey Dial
- Black Dial
- Strap colour and material
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
The Half Time watch represents an evolution of Ludovic Ballouard’s desire to display the time in an unfamiliar way. The principle is simple: all hour indexes are divided in two, and are therefore unreadable…all except the indexes showing the current hour.
The display changes via a patented mechanism of jumping disks that move on the same plane as the dial, but in opposing directions. One disk contains the upper half of a Roman numeral, and the other disk the bottom half. The numerals are indecipherable until it is their time to match up at the 12 o’clock position, thereby displaying the correct hour in a stunning and unique manner. A retrograde hand, set on a half-circle at 6 o’clock indicates the minutes.
The black titanium dial provides contrast with the polished minutes hand and indexes, whilst a sub-ring at 6 o’clock indicates the series number – this piece is part of a limited edition of 12. Visible through the caseback, the intricately designed in-house movement is crafted in ‘golded’ brass, and packs around 30 hours of power reserve.
The Half Time watch builds on Ludovic’s inimitable sense of creative expression. By presenting a new and unusual way of reading the time that displays only the current hour whilst hiding the others, he stresses the importance of the present moment. With technical subtleties and intricate hand-finishing, he grants lovers of watch mechanics a poetic offering that is as enchanting on one side as it is on the other.
- Material: 950 Platinum
- Dimensions: 41 x 11 mm
- Manual winding mechanical movement with unique (patented) “Half Time” complication and retrograde minutes
- Calibre B02 developed by Ludovic Ballouard
- Frequency: 21,600 bph
- Complete movement: > 300 parts
- Power reserve: 30 hours
- 53 Jewels
- Dimensions: 35 mm
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour indexes divided in two, therefore unreadable…all except the one showing the current hour. The rotation of two disks brings together each index on the hour, allowing the time to be read. A retrograde hand, set on a half-circle at 6 o’clock indicates the minutes
- Dial in black PVD coated titanium or grey titanium
- Polished steel hand or blued steel for the grey dial
- All design, manufacturing, construction, fabrication, hand finishing and assembly completed in the Ludovic Ballouard workshop
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Decoration: Hand engraving on caseback, crown and buckle. Movement in ‘golded’ brass
- Water Resistant to 3 ATM (30 meters)
- Hand-stitched alligator strap in black
- Matching Ludovic Ballouard patented hand-engraved buckle in 950 Platinum
In The Know
“The master at work, creating for the sake of creating, innovating where others simply copy…” The Watch Lounge
“The Half Time represents a tremendous piece of innovation and showcases Ludovic Ballouard’s astonishing talent.” Watch Agora
“Ludovic Ballouard wants to make watches that are unique, poetic, and fun. The Half Time epitomizes that perfectly.” Deployant
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Vir-Log Sàrl, C.P. 1016, Voie des Traz, 1211 Geneva 5 Airport, Switzerland. Please contact Ludovic Ballouard for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Ludovic Ballouard shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 6 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Ludovic Ballouard
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
Made-to-order pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non refundable
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss