Black PVD-coated titanium
This Lonville was designed by a Brit from the iconic Morgan Motor Company, worn by Swiss racing driver Gabriele Gardel when he competed and won in Le Mans and owes its heartbeat to a gorgeous automatic, double barrel movement. With that pedigree, it’s must for any watch or car connoisseur.
Made-to-order piece - 8 to 12 week production
Limited Edition of 24 pieces, named and numbered
The owner-s name is engraved under the sapphire case back
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
As inspiration stories go this is pretty amazing one. Lonville owner Joost Vreeswijk joked to his friend, the Swiss racing driver Gabriele Gardel, that he should wear a Lonville prototype for his up-coming participation in the Le Mans, a notorious 24-hour endurance race, but only if he was going to win again. Luckily Gardel won his class and the G24 collection was born in commemoration.
To further emphasise the automotive connection, Vreeswijk got in touch with Matthew Humphries, a car designer for Morgan, an iconic British motoring brand, to see if he’s like to try his hand at watch design instead.
The result is a muscular yet lightweight titanium timepiece, with drilled lugs to keep the weight down even more. The design of the retrograde date, between one and two o’clock, and the 120hr power-reserve at five, pulls the watch away from full sporty to something more dressy, while the blued-second hand adds a pop of colour.
Powering this beast is Lonville’s calibre LV2 – a COSC-certified movement with an impressive 120-hour power reserve achieved by having two barrels.
And that black strip through the middle? That was Gardel’s idea and represents the way the road appears to be a straight line as the light shifts from night to day.
A 24-hour endurance race proved an unlikely source of inspiration for this watch, which deftly spans the worlds of sports watch and dress watch to create something uniquely wearable.
- Material: Highly polished black PVD-coated titanium, drilled lugs and case
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Sapphire glass front and case back
- COSC-certified, Lonville automatic, double barrel LV2 calibre
- Twin barrelled
- Rotor is designed by Matthew Humphries, creator of the Morgan Aeromax, and inspired by Bugatti’s tipo 35 wheels
- 120 hour power reserve
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, seconds, retrograde date indicator between 1 and 2 o'clock, power reserve indicator at 5 o'clock
- Multi-layered multi-finishing dial design
- Hands and 5 min markers in luminova
- Lonville's signature blue engraving with a Côtes de Genève finishing
- Dial signed with ‘all swiss’ as opposed to Swiss Made
- Leather “racing” strap with black PVD-coated titanium buckle
- Limited Edition of 24 pieces (one for each hour of the Le Mans race)
- Each watch is made to order, the watch number and owner’s name is engraved behind the sapphire glass
In The Know
“With Lonville, you get everything covered, COSC certified high-end movements, great designs in limited edition, and a fantastic story.” Adam Sofineti, Watchpaper.com
“The Lonville watches are designed with complex construction and care for details.” Dan Andrei Kluska, Watch I Love
“Lonville watches are produced on a project-to-project basis, ensuring the watch enthusiast gets the quality and luxury he is expecting every time.” Watch Bandit
Info & Delivery
Twelve months warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Lonville, Via Muzzano 13/B, 6924 Sorengo, Switzerland. Please contact Lonville for the process to return the piece:
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Lonville shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 12 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Creating your watch
Each Lonville is made to order with a unique watch number and the owner-s name engraved under the sapphire case back. Each watch will also undergo strict testing and water proofing prior to shipment. The typical time from order to assemble and shipment is around 12 weeks.
- Shipping to Europe: 400€ applied at checkout
- Shipping to US: 700€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 3 to 5 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 3 to 8 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of Europe and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Leather Travel Pouch