Steel with red Email Grand Feu
With the addition of grand feu enamel detailing around the dial, Roger Zarzoso’s skeleton émail watch brings together an extraordinary focus on hand-finishing and traditional openworking techniques to create a unique art piece for the wrist.
Standard strap comes with a deployant clasp. Possibility to opt for an ardillon buckle in steel
Possibility of bespoke piece with a choice of finish: ruthenium, silver, pink gold, rhodium, black gold 9 carats, gold 23 carats, black nickel or blue nickel finish
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
As one of the only brands creating openworked watches entirely by hand, with saw-frame cut-outs finished with metal files, it should come as no surprise that Antoine Tavan 1805 takes the art of craftsmanship very seriously indeed. Roger Zarzoso’s enamelled skeleton watch features an enhanced and intricately decorated Unitas 6497 movement with a hand engraved cylinder, cold enamelled barrel and manually crafted inward angles.
Mixing contrasting gold finish for the gears with black gold finish components, the visually fascinating mechanical workings are on show through the Sapphire crystal, whilst cathedral-style hands for hours and minutes and a seconds indicator at 9 o’clock ensures legibility. The vibrant grand feu enamel ring (rehaut), around the dial is created via a delicate and traditional process of heating and cooling enamel powder until the perfect finish is achieved.
Setting out to produce a beautiful skeletonized piece at an accessible price-point, Roger’s enamelled Skeleton watch is an exercise in complex aesthetic achievement, realized the traditional way. A very limited number of artisan creators working today are capable of crafting pieces in this manner, fully by hand – and less still can achieve it at a price-point that represents such exceptional value.
110 hours of work go into the creation of each enamelled Skeleton watch, with Roger comparing its production to that of a marathon. “You know when you begin, but not when you arrive,” he jokes. Many watchmakers dream of making complex openworked pieces, but few execute them with as much panache as Roger Zarzoso.
- Material: Steel
- Dimensions: 44 mm diameter
- Mechanical skeleton watch with Unitas 6497 movement
- Hand-engraved cylinder
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
- Power reserve: 45 hours
- 17 Jewels
- Dimensions: 36.5 mm diameter
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour, minute and seconds
- Dial in brass with 9K black gold finish
- Hands in red enameled steel
- Sapphire crystal on the front, mineral glass on the back
- Decoration: The movement’s case and visible components have been hand-finished in the Antoine Tavan workshop. Rehaut in grand feu enamel and barrel and hands finished with cold enamel detailing
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM (30 meters)
- Hand-sewn alligator strap
- Choice of deployant clasp or Ardillon buckle in steel
In The Know
“I really love Antoine Tavan because of Roger’s skills and his capacity to make true watchmaking art at incredibly affordable prices.” RedBar Miami
“Visually this Skeleton watch has a really stylish and sophisticated appearance. Roger Zarzoso has personally decorated this watch by hand and the level of craftsmanship is absolutely impressive.” Watchisthis?!
“This watch perfectly illustrates why the Swiss are still considered the world’s finest watchmakers.” Total Design Reviews
Info & Delivery
Five year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Antoine Tavan, rue des Jeanneret 59, CH-2400 Le Locle, Switzerland. Please contact Antoine Tavan for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Antoine Tavan shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: less than a week (one month for tourbillon) from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by Antoine Tavan
Non-contractual delivery time once the piece is ready:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
For made-to-order pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non refundable
For immediately available pieces: return or exchange within 14 days
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss