Black PVD coated stainless steel
A bespoke offering from Fiona Krüger, the Celebration Skull Black provides a fitting contrast to the riotously coloured dial with its PVD-treated case. Vivid lacquer and Super-LumiNova detailing adorn this unique Dia de Los Muertos-inspired timepiece.
Made to order piece - 3 week production
Standard piece comes with two interchangeable straps: one black, one yellow. Possibility of other options:
- one black strap, with colour stitching if desired
- one coloured strap: yellow, orange and blue suggested options
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Celebration Skull Black is produced as a bespoke option as part of the original Celebration Skull limited edition of 24 pieces. Each timepiece is hand-made in Switzerland and powered by a Swiss mechanical automatic movement with a new date feature, skeletonised black bridges and customised oscillating mass.
The piece’s decorative three-layer dial and case are hand-painted with coloured lacquer and Super-LumiNova. Each colour used in the design of the watch has a specific meaning pertaining to the Dia de Los Muertos celebration, whilst the Super-LumiNova details glow in the dark to reveal a captivating skull symbol. The watch is encased in a matte black PVD treated stainless steel skull-shaped case with a cranium-inspired opening to reveal the back of the movement and decorative oscillating mass. The watch is complimented by a premium hand-stitched leather strap.
Celebration Skull is a joyful design inspired by the themes of time, mortality and the celebration of life. The design for this edition takes its cues from 14th and 17th Century skull horology, the Mexican celebration of Dia de Los Muertos and beautifully decorated skeleton movements found in today’s haute horlogerie timepieces.
- Material: Black PVD treated stainless steel
- Dimensions: 57.4 x 41.3 x 10.9 mm
- Specifically designed caseback opening
- Mechanical automatic movement, TT738
- Skeletonised and custom-black PVD coated bridges, customised oscillating mass with skeletonisation, engraving and hand-painting, and custom-made date wheel
- Power reserve: 5 days
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, seconds and date
- Three-layered dial in stainless steel with hand-painted décor in seven specially selected coloured lacquers and Super-LumiNova, plus new date feature
- Layer 1: Hand-polished stainless steel with black PVD coating, hand-painted lacquer and Super-LumiNova décor
- Layer 2: Shotblasted stainless steel with rhodium treatment, hand-painted lacquer and Super-LumiNova décor
- Layer 3: Hand-finished with circular graining (perlage), with rhodium treatment, hand-painted lacquer and Super-LumiNova décor
- Hands in blued steel
- Each colour used in the design of the Celebration Skull has a specific meaning linked to the Dia de Los Muertos celebration – the lacquers used in the hand-painting were specifically selected for this design. The white details are painted in Super-LumiNova and glow in the dark to reveal a skull symbol
- Blue – trust, white – purity, orange – sun, yellow – death, pink – celebration, black – mortality, red – life, purple – grief
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Two interchangeable hand-stitched calf leather strap, with various colour options (black and yellow by default)
- Steel pin buckle
In The Know
“Fiona’s watches, inspired by Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ calaveras are some of the most fun you can possibly have with a skull on your wrist.” Hodinkee
“The dial vista is suffused with eye-searing lacquered shades and luminescent detail. It’s difficult not to smile at the joyful face of this timepiece.” Escapement Magazine
“Fiona has taken her aesthetic to a whole new level of psychedelic spookiness with the Celebration Skull.” QP
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Fiona Krüger Timepieces, c/o AB Product, 46 Rue Louis J Chevrolet, La Chaux de Fonds CH - 2300, Switzerland. Please contact Fiona Krüger for the process to return the piece
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Fiona Krüger shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about 4 to 6 weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned upon receipt of full payment only, where required. Fiona Kruger endeavours to reduce the turnaround time for the piece to be reunited with its owner as quickly as possible.
Shipping charge: 650€ per piece applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 72 to 96 hours door to door from collection of the piece, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 96 to 120 hours door to door from collection of the piece, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States.
Return & Exchange
For customised and made-to-order pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non refundable
For immediately available pieces: return or exchange within 14 days
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Specially-designed packaging: ornate black protective boxes contained inside a classic black card outer box