Black PVD-coated stainless steel
Come over to the dark side with this fantastic-value dress watch, classically styled for the modern dandy with more of a Mr Hyde complex than Dr Jekyll, thanks to its steel cushion case being coated by French artisans in sinister black PVD.
Standard strap comes in size M, 6.9 inches/175 mm in black matt alligator. Other sizes available (shipping will take around 12 days):
- XXS 5.7 inch / 145 mm
- XS 6.1 inch / 155 mm
- S 6.5 inch / 165 mm
- L 7.3 inch / 185 mm
- XL 7.7 inch / 195 mm
- XXL 8 inch / 205 mm
Other color and material available at request.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
For the dandy who prefers to operate by night, Olivier Jonquet’s “hero” watch, the cushion-shaped Capitaine is switched to stealth mode by smooth, black PVD coating and a black enameled dial, rather than white. This former’s high-tech treatment of titanium aluminium nitride not only lends a look worthy of Batman’s utility belt, but protects that gorgeous cushion case from scratches.
Driving the bespoke OJ hands is the rock-solid Swiss ETA 6498-1, or “Unitas” pocket-watch calibre, hand-finished with an exactitude that extends beyond the bare metal to blued screws, Geneva stripes and circular graining. Surrounding these precision parts, however, is a symphony of diligently sourced French components, from the high-grade 316L steel case, to the option of a hand-patinated calf Richelieu strap, made in a similar manner to handmade shoes.
Conceived as the core collection for Olivier Jonquet’s blossoming boutique brand, this is a 21st-century take on the classical timepiece, in contemporary proportions and driven by time-proven precision mechanics.
- Material: Black PVD-coated stainless steel
- Dimensions: 43,5 x 43,5 mm
- Domed sapphire crystal front and flat sapphire crystal caseback
- ETA 6498-1 top finishing manual winding movement
- Power reserve: around 46 hours
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours and minutes
- Black enameled dial
- Bespoke Olivier Jonquet white hands
- Water resistance: 30 metres / 3 ATM
- Black perforated alligator strap (CITES certified), hypo allergenic and hand made
- Black PVD-coated stainless steel Olivier Jonquet buckle
In The Know
“The young watchmaker is showing its maturity with its sophomore release, presenting two new ranges that are cooked up using mostly French ingredients.” Europastar
"…slightly different, mixing [Capitaine's] vintage feel with more modern and sportier appeal, thanks to the black case and enamel dial (a black enamel dial is always something to be appreciated…)." Monochrome
“Combined with the white hands, it results in a bit of a sinister watch, one you would expect Cardinal Armand Richelieu to wear would there have been watches during his time.” WatchisThis?!
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Olivier Jonquet, please contact email@example.com for the process to follow.
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Olivier Jonquet shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about two to three weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
- Europe delivery: Chronopost, complimentary by Olivier Jonquet
- US delivery: Chronopost, 30€ charged at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- For customised piece: around 12 to 15 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
For customised pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non refundable
For immediately available pieces: return or exchange within 14 days from date of delivery
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss