A fantastic-value dress watch, classically styled for the modern dandy, crafted by French artisans and quite unlike anything else out there.
Standard strap comes in size M, 6.9 inches/175 mm in black matt alligator. Other sizes available (shipping will take around 12 days):
- XXS 5.7 inch / 145 mm
- XS 6.1 inch / 155 mm
- S 6.5 inch / 165 mm
- L 7.3 inch / 185 mm
- XL 7.7 inch / 195 mm
- XXL 8 inch / 205 mm
Other color and material available at request.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
With the Elie having established Olivier’s watchmaking credentials, this is the “hero” watch for a most modern French brand, bestowed with a bolder wrist presence, up from 38mm diameter to a curvaceous 43.5mm, plus a classical flair that’s rare these days.
Unlike the Elie, the Capitaine’s mechanics aren’t quite as French, as good-enough old stock is as rare as hen’s teeth – instead, we have the rock-solid Swiss ETA 6498-1, or “Unitas” pocket-watch calibre, fully-serviced with beautiful finishing that extends beyond the bare metal to blued screws, Geneva stripes and circular graining. Surrounding these precision parts, however, is a symphony of diligently sourced French components, from the high-grade 316L steel case, to the option of a hand-patinated calf Richelieu strap, made in a similar manner to handmade shoes.
Conceived as the core collection for Olivier Jonquet’s blossoming boutique brand, this is a 21st-century take on the classical timepiece, in contemporary proportions and driven by time-proven precision mechanics.
- Material: Polished stainless steel 316L
- Dimensions: 43,5 x 43,5 mm
- Domed sapphire crystal front and flat sapphire crystal caseback
- ETA 6498-1 top finishing manual winding movement
- Power reserve: around 46 hours
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours and minutes
- White enameled dial
- Bespoke Olivier Jonquet blued steel hands
- Water resistance: 30 metres / 3 ATM
- Black perforated alligator strap (CITES certified), hypo allergenic and hand made
- Stainless steel Olivier Jonquet buckle
In The Know
“The young watchmaker is showing its maturity with its sophomore release, presenting two new ranges that are cooked up using mostly French ingredients.” Europastar
"A clear reference to pocket watches, with its white enamel dial and black Roman numerals." Monochrome
“Jonquet really mastered the cushion case, which is well rounded, perfectly finished and has charming wire lugs on which a custom made strap is attached.” WatchisThis?!
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Olivier Jonquet, please contact email@example.com for the process to follow.
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Olivier Jonquet shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about two to three weeks from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
- Europe delivery: Chronopost, complimentary by Olivier Jonquet
- US delivery: Chronopost, 30€ charged at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- For customised piece: around 12 to 15 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
For customised pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non refundable
For immediately available pieces: return or exchange within 14 days from date of delivery
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss