ACADEMIA SMALL SECOND
18K rose gold
A bold, contemporary take on a man’s dress watch, with vintage echoes, housing one of DeWitt’s own in-house movements.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
An example of something more restrained from the DeWitt atelier, the Academia Small Second boasts a DeWitt in-house movement – the DeWitt DW5051. Produced at the brand’s Meyrin Manufacture in Geneva, it took three years to create and was developed to give the brand full autonomy, rather than relying (or not as the case may be) on third-party supplier. This admits DeWitt to highly exclusive club of “manufacture” maisons. Jerome DeWitt specially designed the movement so that the gear train and other mechanical features are visible through the sapphire caseback; through which you can also see the exquisite finishing that DeWitt prides itself on.
Dial side, things are more contemporary with a vintage twist, all bolstered by the brand’s signature sculpted bezel and 24 “imperial columns” around the case.
DeWitt chose its emblematic Academia collection to house its innovative new automatic calibre, entirely designed, produced and assembled by its master watchmakers at its own Manufacture. A fitting first home.
- Material: 18K rose gold and black rubber
- 18K rose gold crown, “W” signature
- Open case back, sapphire crystal
- Dimensions: 42.5 x 10.5 mm
- Mechanical self-winding “DW5051” movement manufactured by DeWitt
- Power reserve: 65 hours
- Frequency: 20,600 vph
- 30 jewels
- 194 components
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minutes, small seconds at 4 o’clock
- Black dial, upper part decorated with "Côtes de Genève", vertical satin-finished decoration on the lower part, small seconds counter decorated with a circle in rose gold colour tone
- 18K rose gold hours and minutes hands, open-worked hands in the shape of double-edged swords
- Water-resistance: 30 metres / 3 ATM
- Alligator strap with triple-folding clasp in polished 18K rose gold cover with “W” signature
In The Know
“DeWitt has chosen the iconic Academia collection to highlight the new self-winding base calibre developed, produced and assembled in-house.” Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie
“The approach to watchmaking of the Meyrin-based DeWitt manufacture is never ordinary.” Time and Watches
“With its manufactured calibre, its high-quality DeWitt dial and its exclusively hand-crafted finishes, the new Academia Small Second watch can nobly defend its 100% in-house origins.” WorldTempus
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
One year warranty offered after any service
Pieces should be returned to DeWitt, Rue du Pré-de-la-Fontaine 2, CP 27, CH-1217 Meyrin 1, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Watches with issues covered within the warranty: DeWitt offers the shipping costs (contact SKOLORR for more information before returning the piece) and the service
- Watches with issues not covered within the warranty: shipping be paid by the client, service costs be paid by the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about two to four weeks from the date of the receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required.
Shipping charge: complimentary by DeWitt
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 6 to 9 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Leather-encased Travel Box