Stainless steel with blue dial
Crafted with love in Zeitwinkel’s St-Imier workshops, the 188° with its handsome dial and elegant lines exudes understated elegance. An in-house movement and ergonomic case compliments a design that’s reminiscent of traditional pocket watches.
Standard strap is a black leather strap, other options are available:
- Black leather strap
- Blue leather strap
- Brown leather strap
- Grey leather strap
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
The 188° modifies Zeitwinkel’s usual three-hand configuration. The hour and minute indicators are accompanied by an off-centre seconds display with guilloché detailing and a date function at 3 o’clock, which ensures clarity and legibility thanks to its size.
On the inside, the robust automatic winding ZW0102 manufacture movement has a 72-hour power reserve and elaborately decorated German silver plating, which can be admired through the sapphire opening on the caseback. Manufactured in small-quantity lots in the brand’s Jura workshops, the movement has been developed with a focus on accuracy and stability, with each piece undergoing a five-stage calibration and testing process. On the dial-side, the length of the minute and seconds hands are coordinated precisely to the minute markers. The indexes at five-minute intervals have a classic arrow shape with beveled edges, and contrast with the galvanized dial to be easily visible in all lighting conditions.
Driven to create a modern and functional timepiece which drew on traditional watchmaking codes, Zeitwinkel founders Maks and Peter used classic pocket-watch design references as a base from which to develop the Zeitwinkel 188°. These details include the contrasting galvanized steel and guilloché finishing on the dial and sub-dial, and Côtes de Genève engraving on the caseback. These details work in harmony within the wearable 39-mm case – which sits comfortably on the wrist.
- Material: Stainless steel 316 L
- Dimensions: 39 x 11.6 mm
- In-house ZW0102 calibre
- Automatic winding movement with balance stop, quick date setting and bi-directional winding rotor
- Bridge and plates in German silver
- Glucydur balance wheel and Straumann spiral
- Frequency: 28,800 vph
- Power reserve: 72 hours
- 28 Jewels
- Dimensions: 30.4 x 5.7 mm
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hours, minute, small seconds and date
- Galvanic dial with appliques facetted and diamond-worked, small seconds dial with guilloché finishing
- Facetted and diamond-worked hands. Small second polished
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Incabloc impact resistance system, and adjustment regulated in five stages
- Decoration: Screws chamfered and polished, ¾ plate and balance cock with Côtes de Genève engraving, perlage on interior surfaces of plates and bridges, lining on wheel bridge and rotor. Edges of ¾ plate and bridges chamfered and polished
- Crown: 6.7 mm, Bi-O ring seal, 12 grooves
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (50 meters)
- Hand-sewn calfskin leather strap available in various colours
- Folding clasp with Zeitwinkel logo
In The Know
“While the 39-millimeter case – inspired by pocket watches – puts the 188 Degree among the smaller watches in the portfolio of the young manufacturer, its galvanized dial makes it one of the boldest.” The New York Times
“Tailored to those who prefer a little understated elegance, the 188° is a gorgeous and simple watch with a lovely dial.” WatchPro
“The Zeitwinkel stainless steel case is unmistakable due to its clear-cut profiling and the exquisite interplay of polished and burnished surfaces.” Watch Paper
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
Pieces should be returned to Zeitwinkel, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the process to follow.
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Zeitwinkel shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
The turnaround time will be communicated once the piece has been inspected at Zeitwinkel.
Shipping charge applied at checkout:
- Shipping to Europe: Fedex, 40€ including insurance
- Shipping to US: Fedex, 80€ including insurance
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Europe: about 2 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 5 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
Country not delivered: Japan
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside of the European Union and the United States
Return & Exchange
For customised pieces: no return, no exchange
Advanced payment non-refundable
For immediately available pieces: contact SKOLORR within 14 days after receipt of your watch
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss
Black Lacquered Wooden Box
Warranty Passport and Manual