18K rose gold
Manufacture Royale are known for doing things a little differently. The visually captivating and peerless 1770 Micromegas features a two-speed double flying tourbillon; a groundbreaking achievement and a first in fine watchmaking.
Price is exclusive of VAT. VAT and delivery charge will be applied at checkout, if applicable.
You will be responsible for all other taxes and charges to receive your order depending on the delivery destination.
- Tech Spec
- Style Guide
- In the Know
- Info & Delivery
Several brands have created watches with multiple tourbillons. No one before has paired them rotating at two different speeds – until now. Embodying the meaning of its name (an oxymoron comprising micro meaning small and megas meaning large), the first cage, on the left, makes one revolution in 6 seconds. The second, on the right, completes its rotation in 60 seconds. Using a double torque stabilizer, both tourbillon rates are averaged, ensuring accuracy.
A new in-house calibre, the MR04, delivers a power reserve of approximately 40 hours that is maintained by automatic winding. It has been exquisitely hand-finished and given an NAC surface treatment, whilst conventional jewels have been replaced by ceramic ball bearings. The titanium dial with its rubber-effect black varnish, SuperLuminova and Titalyte, underscores the sleek and sporting style, as do the blued and skeletonised titanium hands. At 45-mm the Micromegas has a formidable wrist presence, and the case includes two brancards that hug the central section, extending out to form the lugs.
Micromegas is the mythical hero of a short story by Voltaire, the founder of Manufacture Royale in 1770. In this tale, a giant sets out to explore space after being expelled from his own planet for his dissenting ideas. After visiting Earth and observing the arrogance and ignorance of its inhabitants, Micromegas concludes that dialogue and tolerance are the keys to living in harmony.
With its twin tourbillons rotating at different speeds, the 1770 Micromegas encapsulates the conclusion reached by the space-travelling giant; time is given thanks to the harmonious and sincere dialogue between two mechanical combinations, each of a different nature.
- Material: 18K rose gold
- Dimensions: 45 x 11.8 mm
- In-house designed and produced caliber MR04, mechanical self-winding movement
- Double flying tourbillon with silicon escapement wheels and pallet forks
- Left tourbillon with titanium cage and brass flying balance wheel, making one rotation every 6 seconds. Right tourbillon with brass cage and brass flying balance wheel, with 60-second rotation
- Micro frequency: 28,800 vph
- Megas frequency: 21,600 vph
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- Dimensions: 36 x 8.7 mm
Functions & Indications
- Displays: Hour and minute
- Dial with rubber-effect black lacquer, SuperLuminova, titanium and Titalyte treatment
- Front and back sapphire glass crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Decoration: Mainplate hand-decorated with Côtes de Genève and 5N engraving. Delicately hand-polished surfaces throughout, sanded caseback and Manufacture Royale logo positioned on crown
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM (30 meters)
- Hand-sewn alligator strap
- Folding clasp in 18K rose gold
In The Know
“Two tourbillons, two different speeds, one crazy watch.” Bloomberg
“The 1770 Micromegas expertly blends seemingly disparate elements to form a harmonious whole.” Escapement Magazine
“With two tourbillons rotating at different speeds, the 1770 Micromegas achieves a feat that no watchmaker has ever attempted before.” aBlogtoWatch
Info & Delivery
Two year warranty from date of delivery
One extra year offered by joining the Enlightened Society Club
Pieces should be returned to Manufacture Royale, ZI Le Day, 1337 Vallorbe, Switzerland. Please contact Manufacture Royale for the process to return the piece:
- Watches with issues covered under the warranty: Manufacture Royale shall bear the costs of shipping and service
- Watches with issues out-of-warranty: shipping costs are born by the client, service costs will be charged to the client after acceptance of the quote
Turnaround: about one month from the date of receipt of the watch or from the date of acceptance of the quote by the client, where required. Watch to be returned to client upon receipt of full payment only, where required
- Pick-up in Switzerland: Free
- Shipping to any agreed destination: 420€ applied at checkout
Non-contractual delivery time:
- Schengen Europe: about 5 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
- US: about 10 working days upon receipt of payment, excluding any custom clearance delay
The brand reserves the right not to deliver to countries outside the United States and Schengen Europe
Return & Exchange
No return, no exchange
Exception: After-Sales issues that remain unresolved after thorough servicing
Our priority is customer satisfaction, therefore please do not hesitate to contact SKOLORR to discuss